It’s that time again, silly season. We are all tired from a hectic work year and looking forward to some rest and relaxation with our friends the loved ones. With the summer heat, parties and lack of sleep ahead, how do you keep your skin looking fresh and clean?
Here are my top tips for looking your best for every party:
- Stay Hydrated – Alcohol and humidity with drain your skin of moisture so drink a glass of water after every glass or alcohol and always use a light weight hyaluronic based moisturiser. I love Aspect Phytostat 9 for perfectly hydrated skin.
- Double Cleanse – This may seem obvious but you will be surprised how quickly your pores will become congested with oil, pollution and makeup if you don’t do this morning and night. Don’t be lazy. Always clean your makeup off before going to bed.
- Wear A Sleep Masque – I love sleep masques! It is the simple way to treat, brighten and nourish your skin overnight and you just wash it off in the morning, easy. Germaine De Capuccini’s Renewing Sleep Mask is excellent for combination dry and mature skins whilst Aspects Probiotic Sleep Mask is great for oily, post acne skins.
- Clinical Peel with LED – A quick 45min medi peel & LED session is the perfect cure for post party hangover skin. And your skin will look fabulous for the next party too, tick!
- Wear Mineral Makeup – Mineral makeup will feed your skin essential nutrients and won’t clog the pores. Most formulations have light reflecting particles which will give you a fantastic summer glow too. Try Youngblood or Inika for healthy skin loving mineral makeup.
- Wear Sunscreen – This is the #1 thing you must do to protect your skin from sun induced aging. Invest in a good quality sunscreen like Cosmedix Reflect for oily, sensitive skin types or Dermalogica’s Solar Defence Booster for full spectrum protection on all skin types.
If you really want to have smooth, glowing skin this summer, try our bespoke medical grade Super Micro facial if you are in Brisbane. Otherwise, Dermasweep and hydrafacial are great options too.